DISES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome DISES members

2 posters

Go down

Welcome DISES members Empty Welcome DISES members

Post  Tom Gumpel Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:44 pm

Please let's introduce ourselves.

What can DISES do for you. What can you do for DISES? What brings you to DISES? What sort of international experience do you have? How long have you been a DISES/CEC member? Where are you working and in which area?

Tom Gumpel

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Welcome DISES members Empty I am the new member

Post  cj249048 Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 am

Hi, My name is Chen-ya Juan from Taiwan. I am the new member of DISES.
I just received my special education at the University of Oklahoma at the end of last year and came back Taiwan, my home country, for people who need me. Right now, I applied several jobs in the university, and hopefully, I will hear good news soon.
Before I studied for my Ph.D., I had been a special education teacher for almost ten years for secondary students in special education. I am a current member of CEC and the division of international special education. I wish I can receive related journals or publications. However, it is too expensive to pay for international delivery. Therefore, I have to wait until I get a paycheck.
I believe it is necessary to hear voices from different countries about special educational services and education to exchange our experience, culture, and special education system to expend the scope of special education. Special education has not been addressed in the United States, but also in other countries. Due to the development of high technology, the distance between countries should not be barrier anymore. In the future, I would like to exchange the teaching experience and opinions of special education in Taiwan to other professionals in other countries in terms of special education policies and regulations, transition services and system, the practice of self-determination, and multiple cultural issues. In addition, I would like to receive more news, information, and publications from special education professionals in other countries through an access of DISES. If it is possible, I would like to build the opportunity of collaboration to conduct projects across countries with other interested professionals.
If you want to know more information, please feel free to contact me.
Good day,
Chen-ya Laughing

cj249048

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down